It has been too long since I have made a blog post. Donny and I took a trip in April with his Dad to Paragould, AR and St. Louis, MO so I could meet more of my new family. We had a blast and I am so glad I was able to meet all of them before Donny deployed.
In May, Donny deployed to Afghanistan. Before he left, I made a very long list of things I could do to keep myself busy during our time apart. The main thing on my list was to train for a fitness competition. I began training in April/May and competed in September. Wow. I cannot begin to describe what a fantastic experience it was! Some days I was at the gym for 3 hours!! I cooked and prepped all my food on Sunday's so all I had to do was grab my containers for each meal and I would be out the door. I definitely want to do another one, but my next fitness goal is a half marathon April 2012. The diet for a half allows more carbs, and I know I will be enjoying plenty of them when Donny gets back! Here are a few pictures from the competition:
Other items on my "To-Do List" included a drive to St. Louis for Job's Daughters in July, immediately followed by a trip to SLC for a visit with family and a festival where I was a vendor selling my jewelry. On Labor Day Weekend I traveled to Colorado for Donny's best friend's wedding. Since Donny was unable to attend, I would not have missed the trip for the world! It was amazing and made me realize again just how much I missed the mountains. I was extremely tempted to keep driving west instead of coming back to Kansas after the wedding.
In October my "brother" Danielle flew out to visit me during my birthday week. I took her around Manhattan to show her the "sights", but her favorite part was the Wizard of Oz Museum in Wamego. It was bittersweet to send her home, but I am grateful for the time we were able to spend together.
I have another craft fair this weekend where I am selling my jewelry. After that my father-in-law will be visiting me in Manhattan for Thanksgiving. A friend of mine will be joining us with her husband and one of their friends. I am not sure if we are going "all out" or not, but I can promise it will be fantastic!
Over the past few months my palate has changed and grown, and I now enjoy eating a wider range of foods. I have been experimenting with various dishes and enjoy cooking more than ever! I sure hope Donny comes home with an open mind and empty stomach :-D
I am hoping to update more frequently so that family and friends can stay updated with those of us stranded out her in the Midwest!
No comments:
Post a Comment